Posted to announce@apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org> on 2017/05/05 14:55:00 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Trafodion 2.1.0-incubating Released

The Apache Trafodion team is proud to announce the release of  Apache
Trafodion 2.1.0-incubating!

Apache Trafodion is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling
transactional or operational workloads on Hadoop. Trafodion builds on the
scalability, elasticity, and flexibility of Hadoop. Trafodion extends
Hadoop to provide guaranteed transactional integrity, enabling new kinds of
big data applications to run on Hadoop.

More details regarding Apache Trafodion can be found here :
http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/index.html

The 2.1.0 release can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodi
on/apache-trafodion-2.1.0-incubating/
or via the download<http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/download.html>
page in the Apache Trafodion website.

The change log and release notes of the 2.1.0 release can be found here:
http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/release-notes-2-1-0.html

Highlights include :
 *  The new python installer
  *   Ambari integration and much easier  install option for use on HDP
platform
  *   New features, SQL functions and syntax extensions
  *   Performance enhancements
  *   300+ Bug fixes resolved

Documentation:
http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/documentation.html#a210_Release

Disclaimer:
Apache Trafodion is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software
Foundation (ASF) sponsored by the Apache Incubator PMC.Incubation is
required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates
that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have
stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While
incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or
stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be
fully endorsed by the ASF.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Trafodion 2.1.0-incubating Released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The announce mail mentions Hadoop several times.
AIUI at least the first (or primary) mention should say "Apache Hadoop".
Similarly for any other ASF products.

Please can this be added to future announce mails?

Thanks.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Merv,

Thank you for reaching out to me regarding recent release announcement from
the incubating Apache Trafodion project.

*Re question #1 (organisations using Trafodion):*
I have reached out to the Trafodion community to provide an up to date
overview of adopters of our product. As our community is spread globally
this may take some time (we have a minimal grace period of 72h to reach
everybody).

What is your deadline regarding this?

*Re question #2 (graduation time-line):*
The incubating Trafodion project currently has 3 (three) releases out. With
these achievements, the majority of the community feels that it should
start working towards finalising the incubation process. Unfortunately I
cannot give a time-line at this moment, but we (the community) hope to be
able to graduate later this year.

Can I inform you directly when more details regarding this process become
available?

Should you have any questions, and/or remarks, please feel free to contact
the community, the PPMC of the (incubating) Apache Trafodion project
through the appropriate mailing lists (see https://trafodion.apache.org),
or me directly.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits