Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net> on 2014/06/25 04:28:48 UTC

Jira cases for commits

If a commit fixes a bug or implements a feature, it is helpful that there is a corresponding jira case, and that the jira case is referenced in the commit message, in the following format "[OPTIQ-nnn] Description of jira case". I believe that this is the norm in other Apache projects. I propose that we do this too.

For example, Vladimir, I just created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPTIQ-310 for your pull request https://github.com/julianhyde/optiq/pull/306, and when I commit I will set the commit message to

  [OPTIQ-310] Implement LEAD, LAG and NTILE windowed aggregates

(By the way, I shall be committing to our new git repo, git.apache.org/incubator-optiq.git, as soon as I have authorization. You can see the 3 optiq git repos at http://git.apache.org/.)

Comments?

Julian

Re: Jira cases for commits

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@gmail.com>.
Oops, missed that. Since I've already committed* a change referencing OPTIQ-310, I've marked OPTIQ-287 as a duplicate.

Julian

* It hasn't appeared at git.apache.org because I don't have access to push yet.

Re: Jira cases for commits

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.