Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mike anderson <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/08 01:30:02 UTC

spellcheck component in 1.4 distributed

I am e-mailing to inquire about the status of the spellchecking component in
1.4 (distributed). I saw SOLR-785, but it is unreleased and for 1.5. Any
help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Re: spellcheck component in 1.4 distributed

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Ian Connor <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a quick update to the list. Mike and I were able to apply it to 1.4
> and
> it works. We have it loaded on a few production servers and there is an odd
> "StringIndexOutOfBoundsException" error but most of the time it seems to
> work just fine.
>
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 7:30 PM, mike anderson <saidtherobot@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I am e-mailing to inquire about the status of the spellchecking component
> > in
> > 1.4 (distributed). I saw SOLR-785, but it is unreleased and for 1.5. Any
> > help would be much appreciated.
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Mike

Sorry guys, this has been sitting on my plate. The patch didn't have unit
tests and I didn't have enough time to look into it so I marked it for 1.5

On a related note, it is best to have such discussion on the issue itself so
that problems regarding the patch (or lack thereof) are recorded in the
right place.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: spellcheck component in 1.4 distributed

Posted by Ian Connor <ia...@gmail.com>.
Once it goes through Ruby the stack is not as neat but here is what the
error comes through as:

String_index_out_of_range_1
__javalangStringIndexOutOfBoundsException_String_index_out_of_range_1
__at_javalangAbstractStringBuilderreplaceAbstractStringBuilderjava797
__at_javalangStringBuilderreplaceStringBuilderjava271
__at_orgapachesolrhandlercomponentSpellCheckComponentfinishStageSpellCheckComponentjava236
__at_orgapachesolrhandlercomponentSearchHandlerhandleRequestBodySearchHandlerjava272
__at_orgapachesolrhandlerRequestHandlerBasehandleRequestRequestHandlerBasejava131
__at_orgapachesolrcoreSolrCoreexecuteSolrCorejava1333
__at_orgapachesolrservletSolrDispatchFilterexecuteSolrDispatchFilterjava303
__at_orgapachesolrservletSolrDispatchFilterdoFilterSolrDispatchFilterjava232
__at_orgmortbayjettyservletServletHandler$CachedChaindoFilterServletHandlerjava1089
__at_orgmortbayjettyservletServletHandlerhandleServletHandlerjava365
__at_orgmortbayjettysecuritySecurityHandlerhandleSecurityHandlerjava216
__at_orgmortbayjettyservletSessionHandlerhandleSessionHandlerjava181
__at_orgmortbay! jettyhandlerContextHandlerhandleContextHandlerjava712
__at_orgmortbayjettywebappWebAppContexthandleWebAppContextjava405
__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerContextHandlerCollectionhandleContextHandlerCollectionjava211
__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerHandlerCollectionhandleHandlerCollectionjava114
__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerHandlerWrapperhandleHandlerWrapperjava139
__at_orgmortbayjettyServerhandleServerjava285
__at_orgmortbayjettyHttpConnectionhandleRequestHttpConnectionjava502
__at_orgmortbayjettyHttpConnection$RequestHandlercontentHttpConnectionjava835
__at_orgmortbayjettyHttpParserparseNextHttpParserjava641
__at_orgmortbayjettyHttpParserparseAvailableHttpParserjava208
__at_orgmortbayjettyHttpConnectionhandleHttpConnectionjava378
__at_orgmortbayjettybioSocketConnector$ConnectionrunSocketConnectorjava226
__at_orgmortbaythreadBoundedThreadPool$PoolThreadrunBoun"
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:2097:in `error!'

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ian Connor wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a quick update to the list. Mike and I were able to apply it to 1.4
>> and
>> it works. We have it loaded on a few production servers and there is an
>> odd
>> "StringIndexOutOfBoundsException" error but most of the time it seems to
>> work just fine.
>>

> Do you happen to have the stack trace?
>
> --
> - Mark
>
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Ian Connor
1 Leighton St #723
Cambridge, MA 02141
Call Center Phone: +1 (714) 239 3875 (24 hrs)
Fax: +1(770) 818 5697
Skype: ian.connor

Re: spellcheck component in 1.4 distributed

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Connor <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 7:30 PM, mike anderson <sa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am e-mailing to inquire about the status of the spellchecking component
> in
> 1.4 (distributed). I saw SOLR-785, but it is unreleased and for 1.5. Any
> help would be much appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike

Ian Connor