Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@pixotec.de> on 2010/12/15 13:29:13 UTC

Embedding applet in post

I want to embed an applet (e.g. a little game) in a post (build a collection
of posts with interesting applets found from while to while).

How to do this?

Uploading the applet-classes into mediafile-area does not work, because the
URL to the classes can not be used for "code" attribute like this:

<applet width="190" height="190"
code="http://xxx/roller/mediaresource/eced4813-5f8c-4185-a4c1-ad27bf785da6">
Your browser does not support Java applets.
</applet>

Any solution?

Re: Embedding applet in post

Posted by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@pixotec.de>.
Hi Dave,

thank your for caring about my issues!
- Aliases would be a good thing, indeed.
- Yes, I want to be a committer to the themes/extra project, so it is
easier to update themes and upload new ones. Thank you!

Re: Embedding applet in post

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Comments below...

Re: Embedding applet in post

Re: Embedding applet in post

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Ralf Eichinger
<ra...@pixotec.de> wrote:
> I want to embed an applet (e.g. a little game) in a post (build a collection
> of posts with interesting applets found from while to while).
>
> How to do this?
>
> Uploading the applet-classes into mediafile-area does not work, because the
> URL to the classes can not be used for "code" attribute like this:
>
> <applet width="190" height="190"
> code="http://xxx/roller/mediaresource/eced4813-5f8c-4185-a4c1-ad27bf785da6">
> Your browser does not support Java applets.
> </applet>
>
> Any solution?

What is the problem? Does the <applet> tag expect the code attribute
to end with ".jar" or ".class"?

If that is the case, then I'd like to fix this (somehow) before we release 5.0.

- Dave