Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by aadish <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/30 13:59:44 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError while running h-base

Hi,

It has been quite a while since I have followed instruction on [1] to
install and run hbase on windows os. However when I follow the steps ditto,
and run start-hbase.sh (from Cygwin) it shows me this error:
org/apache/hadoop/hba
se/util/HBaseConfTool
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseC
onfTool
Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseConfTool.
Prog
ram will exit.
org/apache/hadoop/hba
se/zookeeper/ZKServerTool
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.Z
KServerTool
Could not find the main class:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKServerTool.
Program will exit.
starting master, logging to C:\hbase-0.90.3/logs/hbase--master-A6540IN.out
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/HMaster
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMas
ter
Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.
Program
will exit.

I have included org.apache... folder(containing all the required .class
files) in the classpath and also tried placing it in same directory as
start-hbase and also in bin of my java, but the same error occurs. (I just
have a feeling I am dumbly overlooking something:P) Also, when I check logs,
it shows logs in a folder called hbase in c:\ instead of logs folder in
cygwin\usr\local\hbase\logs..(again dumb i feel :P)

Can anyone please help me out? The cygwin paths too are driving me crazy!
Thanks a lot in advance..

Aadish

[1]http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/cygwin.html

Re: NoClassDefFoundError while running h-base

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
I don't know if it matters, but you are following the 0.20.6 guide
while using 0.90.3, and the updated documentation can be found here
http://hbase.apache.org/cygwin.html

J-D