Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by sameekbhaumik <sa...@yahoo.co.in> on 2017/05/08 09:29:21 UTC

Implementation Of Netflix Eureka Support For ServiceCall EIP

Dear All,

I am in the process of implementing support for Netflix Eureka Service
Registry within ServiceCall EIP. I am working with Camel 2.18.2.

Apart from implementing the Eureka Component (which includes implementations
for Component, Endpoint, Producer, ServiceCallProcessor,
ServiceCallProcessorFactory and ServiceCallServerListStrategy ) *I've made
the following changes in camel-core*:

1) Introduced *EurekaConfigurationDefinition* within
*org.apache.camel.model.remote*. It contains the necessary Eureka specific
configurations and their corresponding getter/setter.

2) Mentioned *EurekaConfigurationDefinition* within
*src/main/resources/org/apache/camel/model/remote/jaxb.index*

3) Added the following method within
*org.apache.camel.model.remote.ServiceCallDefinition*  which returns an
object of *EurekaConfigurationDefinition*.

public EurekaConfigurationDefinition eurekaConfiguration() {
        serviceCallConfiguration = new EurekaConfigurationDefinition(this);
        return (EurekaConfigurationDefinition) serviceCallConfiguration;
}

After making the above changes I am able to register and discover a service
in Netfix Eureka.

Is this the correct way of adding a new Service Registry support within
ServiceCall EIP? Or is there any alternate way of doing it without touching
Camel Core?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sameek