Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk> on 2004/06/24 13:56:55 UTC

WSD:2Ws improvements to enable automated testing

Hi all,

Now we have come to a decision that we place all tool generated code to
a folder called "gen_src".

To facilitate automated testing I suggest having following features in
WSDL2Ws tool. Then the automated tester can run the WSDL2Ws tool and
compile the generated code without any problem.

1.	We have a command line option to say that the code generated for
automated testing (we don't document about this option).
2.	The generated Makefile.am for client side will include
../<ServiceName>Main.cpp assuming that the parent folder contain a such
a file that contains the main() method etc.
3.	For server side it will not generate the skeleton files (.h and
.cpp or .c) because they might overwrite the business logic added files.

Note : 2,3 happens depending on the option given in 1.

What if we have a README file generator in WSDL2Ws tool that describe
the procedure of using the generated sources :-) :-) :-)

Susantha
---

RE: WSD:2Ws improvements to enable automated testing

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.

At the first time that you generate code for a wsdl you should create
everything including the skeletons for the server side. Then you add the
business logic to those skeletons and do not need them to be
overwritten. So the second time when the automated testing tool
generates the code it should provide the command line option to say not
to generated those skeleton files.

For client side the generated code and the Makefile.am assumes that you
have a file in the parent directory called <ServiceName>Main.cpp that
contains the main() method or such things. Ex for Calculator wsdl the
Makefile.am contains ..\CalculatorMain.cpp.

Susantha.
---

Posted by damitha kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Susantha,

Posted by damitha kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Samisa,
On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 09:19, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Damitha,
>     The executable of samples and tests are ganerated withing gen_src sub folder, before install.
>     I think it is better to place it outside gen_src folder.

Makefile.am is also generated from the wsdl2ws tool. I haven't tested
whether it is possible to move the executable to a desired place
other than the place where the Makefile is.

I've a suggestion about the code generation, to avoid this problem.
When we run the tool as
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WSDL2Ws -lc++ -sserver -omyserver
the best thing is to create the generated source inside
myserver/gen_src and create Makefile.am in myserver

>     (the idea is that user should not even bother to have a look within gen_src).
Yes

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Damitha,