Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Arun Wagle <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/05 15:54:12 UTC

Issue with import export

Hello,

We are using jetspeed portal and have issues with import export utility

1) We have issues when exporting and then importing from the root folder.
Wehn we import, it messes the administrative folders and stuff and we get
lots of errors after that.
     Is this a known issue.
     We want to do something like, create a newe folder say xyz and have all
the pages, menus etc under this folder. When the user logs into the
portal we want them to be redirected to this folder instead of the default
root without affecting anything else so that the user can import and export
this folder directly instead of doinbg it at the root. How do we do this ?

2) Aslo when we export the pages, the folder.metadata folder does not export
security-constraints and menu nodes in the file. How do we export these ?

3) Is there a way to export and import page.security file present at the
root ?

Regards,
Arun Wagle

Re: Issue with import export

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
OK, I responded on the -dev list, now I see this again on the -user
list. Please send questions to one list or the other. Let me respond
again here....

On Sep 5, 2008, at 6:54 AM, Arun Wagle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are using jetspeed portal and have issues with import export
> utility
>
> 1) We have issues when exporting and then importing from the root
> folder.
> Wehn we import, it messes the administrative folders and stuff and
> we get
> lots of errors after that.
>     Is this a known issue.

I just did an export, but I did not see any errors logged. What kind
of errors are you getting?

>     We want to do something like, create a newe folder say xyz and
> have all
> the pages, menus etc under this folder. When the user logs into the
> portal we want them to be redirected to this folder instead of the
> default
> root without affecting anything else so that the user can import and
> export
> this folder directly instead of doinbg it at the root. How do we do
> this ?

There are profiling rules for handling this. You can read about them
here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-profiler.html

The "user-role-fallback" might be useful for your use case. Each user
can have its own "home" folder.

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/faq.html

> 2) Aslo when we export the pages, the folder.metadata folder does
> not export
> security-constraints and menu nodes in the file. How do we export
> these ?

The folder.metadata should be exported. I just verified that.
I also exported the root recursively, and found these menus exported
in the root folder.metadata:

  <menu name="page-navigations" depth="0" paths="false" regexp="false">
        <options depth="0" paths="false" regexp="false">/
Administrative/portal-admin,/Administrative/security</options>
    </menu>
    <menu name="additional-links" options="/*.link" depth="0"
        paths="false" regexp="true"/>

> 3) Is there a way to export and import page.security file present at
> the
> root ?

This functionality is missing. We need to create a JIRA issue to get
that resolved.

Re: Issue with import export

Posted by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Arun Wagle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are using jetspeed portal and have issues with import export utility
>
> 1) We have issues when exporting and then importing from the root folder.
> Wehn we import, it messes the administrative folders and stuff and we get
> lots of errors after that.
>      Is this a known issue.
>      We want to do something like, create a newe folder say xyz and have all
> the pages, menus etc under this folder. When the user logs into the
> portal we want them to be redirected to this folder instead of the default
> root without affecting anything else so that the user can import and export
> this folder directly instead of doinbg it at the root. How do we do this ?

Export at root works fine. Please mention what errors that you are getting
> 2) Aslo when we export the pages, the folder.metadata folder does not export
> security-constraints and menu nodes in the file. How do we export these ?

Folder.metadata get exported with export.
> 3) Is there a way to export and import page.security file present at the
> root ?

No.
> Regards,
> Arun Wagle