Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by mlist <ml...@riseup.net> on 2019/11/16 20:43:05 UTC

Re: Building NetBeans 11.2-beta1

Hi again.

On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 19:08:27 +0100 Neil C Smith wrote:

> 11.2-beta2 is a tag, release112 is the branch.  The tag is a fixed
> point, the branch will be updated for beta3 and the release itself.

I have just rebuilt using 'release112' (just like before) hoping that
this will update me to the latest version 11.2 (as per GitHub and as
per your explanation). However Help->About of the build still shows
11.2-beta2.

Is it that the branch is not updated properly or am I doing something
wrong?

Re: Building NetBeans 11.2

Posted by mlist <ml...@riseup.net>.
I see.
Thanks again.

Re: Building NetBeans 11.2

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 21 Nov 2019, 09:56 mlist, <ml...@riseup.net> wrote:

> Something strange though. When I started the build of 11.2 it wanted to
> import settings from 11.1, not from 11.2-beta (which itself had already
> imported the settings of 11.1 earlier).
>
> Why is that?

Not strange, just how it works. Only importing from releases is currently
supported there, although Tools / Options / Import should allow for copying
some things over from the beta.

Someone mentioned working on changing the import code recently? We need
something better here as it's also the one thing that needs manual updating
between releases still.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Building NetBeans 11.2

Posted by mlist <ml...@riseup.net>.
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 22:12:49 +0000 Neil C Smith wrote:

> As I already said, if you're building from git change the metabuild hash on
> the ant build line to match 11.2

Oh. Finally I got that.
Thanks!

Re: Building NetBeans 11.2

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Re: Building NetBeans 11.2

Posted by mlist <ml...@riseup.net>.
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 09:16:03 +0000 Neil C Smith wrote:

> You need to change the hash on the build line to match the git hash of the
> release. Or check the gitinfo.properties file in the source zip download.
> In fact, building from source zip recommended. Or if not, the git tag. The
> release branch is ahead of the release already.

I checked out with tag '11.2' but after building Help->About still
shows 11.2-beta.

What tag should I use for '11.2' (final, stable release)?

Re: Building NetBeans 11.2

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Re: Building NetBeans 11.2

Posted by mlist <ml...@riseup.net>.