Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Samy Mechiri <Sa...@kxen.com> on 2007/01/17 14:53:01 UTC

Do you know a tool to easily visualize a wsdl file ?

Hi everyone,

do you know any small, easily usable tool to visualize what operations
(and their arguments) are available on a wsd file ?

There seem to be nusoap having such a tool (i've read about it on
http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/1388) but I could not find any reference to it
on nusoap's web page.

Ideally it would output the results as a txt or html file

Thank you for reading.

Re: Do you know a tool to easily visualize a wsdl file ?

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.
What platform / os are you on?

On linux, I had trouble with several xml editors being able to handle
long wsdl's.  The best I'v found is called MLView.  I'm not sure its
what your looking for, in terms of graphical representation, but it is
super fast and represents the document as a DOM hieararchy, which
makes it very easy to see the various elements and regions of a wsdl.
Or you can view the document as the raw document but with element
based "code folding" which also makes it very easy to peruse lengthy
documents.

Posted by "Cox, Brian (GE Infra, Energy)" <br...@ge.com>.
Although it is not necessarily small application, you might try NetBeans 5.5 with the Enterprise pack.  I have attached a screen capture.  The "Port Types" section displays the information you are interested in, however, no text/html dump that I am aware of.