Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Li <am...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/30 16:35:38 UTC

Struts 2 and Webwork

Hi  Craig and Ted,

As we known, struts 2 is struts 1 + webwork 2 which seems bigger than either
of those two frameworks. I was wondering:

* What will be the development direction of struts2, will it covers all the
function of webwork in future releases?
* How many components or packages is very struts but not webwork or
webwork-like?
* Will struts 2 gradually replace webwork, which means webwork will
gradually stop development ?

Looking forward to have your anwser ...

RE: Struts 2 and Webwork

Posted by Wesslan <fo...@wesslan.se>.
To convert from Webwork 2.2 to Struts 2 is really about changing some
package names and filenames. That's how equal they are.

Cheer,
Peter

> > As we known, struts 2 is struts 1 + webwork 2 which seems bigger
> > than
> either
> > of those two frameworks.
>
> No, that's not quite right. There are a few compatibility classes, but
> Struts 2 is essentially WebWork 2. It's just that WW2 was already like
> an improved Struts 1.
>

> > * What will be the development direction of struts2, will it covers
> > all
> the
> > function of webwork in future releases?
>
> We're continuing where WebWork 2.2 leaves off.
>

> > * How many components or packages is very struts but not webwork or
> > webwork-like?
>
> There's a Struts 1 plugin, and some new features, but everything else
> came straight from WebWork, meaing it's proven, battle-tested code.
>

> > * Will struts 2 gradually replace webwork, which means webwork will
> > gradually stop development ?
>
> The best place to ask that might be the WebWork user forum.
>

> > Looking forward to have your anwser ...
> >

> -Ted.

When we invent time, we invent death.

Re: Struts 2 and Webwork