Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Eamon Perry <Ea...@riva.com> on 2000/08/11 00:20:21 UTC

Possible Xalan bug...

Hello,

	I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but here goes. I'm
having trouble with Xalan and it may be a bug. I have two simple example XSL
files and an XML file attached. I'm using a simple java app to feed the XML
and XSL files into Xerces/Xalan. When I use test_pass.xsl, everything works
fine. When I use test_fail.xsl, I get one of two errors:

-------------------
Input XSL; Line 143; Column 17 Exception occured:
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: The element type
"xsl:stylesheet" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".
-------------------

OR

-------------------
Input XSL; Line 136; Column 20 Exception occured:
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: The CDATA section must end with
"]]>".
-------------------

This appears to have to do with the length of the CDATA sections. If you
look at the attached XSL files, you will see that the only difference
between them is that test_fail.xsl has one more character in the CDATA
section. Any number of CDATA characters greater than the number in
test_pass.xsl cause these errors. The document appears to be completely
valid in both situations, but Xalan returns an error on test_fail. Sometimes
I get one error, and sometimes the other, even if I use the same files.

Here is my configuration info:
	PentiumIII-450MHz
	Windows 98 SE
	256MB RAM
	Xerces Version 1.1.2
	Xalan-Java Version 1.2.D01

Is this a Xalan bug/limitation or am I just doing something stupid? Any help
is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Eamon

Eamon Perry
RIVA Technologies, Inc.
E-mail: eamon@riva.com
http://www.riva.com

Re: Possible Xalan bug...

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Eamon --

This is the right place.  However, I tried both stylesheets on my system
and both of them worked with no problems!!  I wonder if this could be
some kind of bug with your JVM since I'm using the same Xalan and Xerces
versions.  I'm on NT but that shouldn't make a difference I wouldn't
think.

What is the rest of the message from when the exception(s) appear?

Gary