Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by d_col <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/16 10:36:05 UTC

Can Mahout work with cores instead of cpus?

Hi, I am a beginner in Mahout and I would like to know if it possible to run
an algorithm in solely one of the cores of my (8-core) cpu then 2 cores,
then 4 and so on... and then see the improvement in execution time.

My real question is: is there a formal way of taking advantage of multiple
cores the same way you take advantage of multiple cpus?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Can Mahout work with cores instead of cpus?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Some of the sequential classifiers use multiple cores for training even
without Hadoop.

Posted by 戴清灏 <ro...@gmail.com>.
Yes. I do agree with you.

Sent from my mobile phone