Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sean Wheller <se...@inwords.co.za> on 2005/08/23 17:15:57 UTC

New Forrest Example Site

Hey Forrest team, I've been in the woods for some weeks.

I return with news that the OpenICDL Project website is currently based
Forrest [http://icdl.tsf.org.za].

Now I am up for developing a new skin for the OpenICDL project and would like
to contribute it back to the Forrest community.

Any help or ideas will be much appreciated. I can be reach at the address
below or better still on the icdl-user mailing list.
http://icdl.tsf.org.za/mail.html

Enjoy,

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author

Re: New Forrest Example Site

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 August 2005 03:13, David Crossley wrote:
>
>>You have been out of touch for a while, so please be aware
>>that the Forrest dev community is currently working on
>>a new facility codenamed "views" which will probably
>>replace "skins".
>

> dude, turn your head for a minute on this project and everything changes :-)
>
> No really, cool. I assume there is some documentation to help me get up to
> speed with views, right?

It's "kind of" documented. This is alpha code and is a moving target.
However, there are a couple of "skins" using the views system.

Start here:

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/views.html

The dev archives are critical for this work - there is *loads* of stuff
in there, and, of course, we are there to help. The number of devs
familiar with views is growing at the moment, but many of us a green
right now (I recently started experimenting).

Ross

Re: New Forrest Example Site

Posted by Sean Wheller <se...@inwords.co.za>.

Re: New Forrest Example Site

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Sean Wheller wrote:
> Hey Forrest team, I've been in the woods for some weeks.
>
> I return with news that the OpenICDL Project website is currently based
> Forrest [http://icdl.tsf.org.za].

Added. It will be published with the next site update.

> Now I am up for developing a new skin for the OpenICDL project and would like
> to contribute it back to the Forrest community.
>
> Any help or ideas will be much appreciated.

You have been out of touch for a while, so please be aware
that the Forrest dev community is currently working on
a new facility codenamed "views" which will probably
replace "skins".

-David