Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Petr Odut <pe...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/05 19:05:47 UTC

Cassandra + Pig + PHP

Is there any example / tutorial combining these technologies?

Thanks

--
Petr Odut [petr.odut@gmail.com]

Re: Cassandra + Pig + PHP

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Pig do not have thrift interface, But I believe you can create it. And
another way I think is create a web service for your pig service, and
call the web service in your php.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Petr Odut <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> PHP: I basicaly need to start pig program from a php script (via thrift or
> something..?)
> PIG: there is a LoadFunc that loads data from Cassandra, is there also a
> StoreFunc?
>
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> There is an example for pig in contrib/pig and a hadoop example in
>> contrib/hadoop .
>> What role did you want PHP to fill?
>> Aaron
>>

>> On 06 Oct, 2010,at 06:05 AM, Petr Odut <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any example / tutorial combining these technologies?
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Petr Odut [petr.odut@gmail.com]
>

> --
> Petr Odut [petr.odut@gmail.com]

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: Cassandra + Pig + PHP

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.
> PHP: I basicaly need to start pig program from a php script (via thrift or something..?)

Can't you just execute a Pig script with PHP by calling Pig with a PHP exec function call?  I'm not sure what you're trying to do with it, but that's one way you could do it.

> PIG: there is a LoadFunc that loads data from Cassandra, is there also a StoreFunc?

There is not currently a StoreFunc written.  If you would like to see one, you could create a Jira ticket under the Hadoop component so that it can be added to the queue for the future.  I know it has been talked about but there's nothing currently in Jira for it.  Even better, if you'd like to roll up your sleeves and implement it - attaching a patch to the Jira ticket, that would be welcome too :).  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Re: Cassandra + Pig + PHP

Posted by Petr Odut <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Cassandra + Pig + PHP