Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Rafael H. Schloming" <ra...@redhat.com> on 2005/12/02 17:23:42 UTC

directory listings (updated patch)

Attached is an updated patch for the directory listings cache. I've made
the following changes:

  * the cache is now implemented in a separate class
    (org.apache.catalina.util.ExpiringCache)

  * added the following servlet parameters:
      - listings-cache [true]
      - listings-cache-size [1000]
      - listings-cache-ttl [5000]

  * fixed the cache to key on the full resource path
    (I was under the mistaken impression that contextPath was enough)

I also modified the synchronization behavior a bit. Previously if
directory A were being rendered then a request for directory B would
wait for it to finish before proceeding. With this patch a request will
only wait if a previous request is already rendering the same directory.
I believe this is closer to the ideal behavior since threads will never
waste resources rendering the same directory twice, but independent
directory listings will proceed in parallel.

Please let me know if you would like any further changes.
--
Rafael H. Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>

Re: directory listings (updated patch)

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Patches posted to the dev list tend to get lost if none looks at them
straight away. I suggest you create a bugzilla entry and add your
patch to that.

Mark

Posted by "Rafael H. Schloming" <ra...@redhat.com>.