Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/26 04:33:25 UTC

private mailing list: Is it working?

Mentors

The apache secretary noted that he sent the SGA info to the private mailing
list but I didn't get it.  Did you?  Wondering how those private lists work
anyway.  I'm assuming access to that is moderated (presumably by you?)

Sorry for the spa, here early on.  Lots to learn.

On a related note do you have a sense of when the mailing list archives
kick in and are accessible?

Thanks
joe

Re: private mailing list: Is it working?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Oh, it went to the _incubator_ private mailing list. Well, that takes
care of that.

Re: private mailing list: Is it working?

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Joe,

I was able to locate the acknowledgement sent by the Secretary last Friday
to the IPMC list, and can confirm that the PPMC list for the project was
copied (which at that time did not exist).

Regarding the workings of private lists - the moderation is only for
messages sent by non-subscribers, not including ASF members and officers
from what I understand.

As far as archive of the private lists are concerned - they are only
accessible to ASF members. I do believe though that list subscribers can
access the archive threads by using ezmlm commands to retrieve specific
threads. In my opinion, the private list does not hold much traffic anyway
and so it is not a big deal in case you do not have direct access to the
archives...

Regards, Arvind