Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Vignesh Palanisamy <vi...@mcruncher.com> on 2015/05/26 09:46:13 UTC

Stateful panel.

Hi,

     I need some help/ideas on list and search state in panel. I have two
panels in a page, one for searching, i.e., which produces a list of items
in a datatable which has paging. All this works well. Now, if I change
pagination links and then select one of the items in the list, it'll take me
to a details panel of that item. How can I remember (store) the state of the
previous list, so when I click a back link/button in the details panel, I
return to the list panel where the list will have the same state as when
I left it?

Note: I am using the event for replacing the panel in the page.

I had attached a quickstart project with it.

Thanks
Vicky

Re: Stateful panel.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

if you use panel replacement... just keep a copy of search panel around...
and once user finish  viewing details use that same panel again: that
should the all the state is search panel is well designed and self
contained.

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: Stateful panel.

Posted by Vignesh Palanisamy <vi...@mcruncher.com>.