Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2003/01/09 20:49:00 UTC

Re: Apace Rivet:Failed to install...

that has been posted to comp.lang.tcl as well.

mbasil@it.teithe.gr (mbasil) writes:

> I have installed the redhat 8 but i still have problem installing
> the apache rivet.I got the next error message when i was trying to
> start the httpd after running the make.tcl shared and the the make
> install commands.

> "Cannot load /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_rivet.so into server:
> /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_rivet.so: undefined symbol:
> ap_null_cleanup"
> Is this a redhat bug or what is wrong again?

I am not sure what's causing that.  I assume it's something to do with
Redhat, because it sure doesn't happen on my system.

> About the other question: I am planning to develop a web site which
> do the next: It will locate in an irix system.The users of the irix
> system via their browser will be able to log in the web site using
> their irix username and password and after they will be able to run
> commands.(ls,cd,rename,passwd...)So, each script will be served to a
> user it must be run with the permissions of this user.Suexec isn't
> the correct way because each user needs his own script.Is the apache
> rivet useful to manage this?

The problem with that is that it's simply not possible, to my
knowledge, without calling external, suid processes.

I don't think it sounds like a hot idea from the a point of view,
either.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/