Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by gnanagurus <gn...@wipro.com> on 2011/06/30 11:16:06 UTC

RUN FILE BINDING EXAMPLE IN SERVICEMIX 4

Hi,

I am new to ESB. But i was thought with servicemix3 and its examples. Now i
need to learn ServiceMix4. i want to deploy the File Binding Example in
ServiceMix4.3 . I was much confused with the console and its different
deployment type.

Can anyone help me to deploy the file binding example of ServiceMix3 (
Available in ServiceMix3 Package ) to deploy in ServiceMix4.

If its too difficult, then atleast help me to create a new project in
ServiceMix4/Fuse. I was confused with maven building things. Since file
Binding example in SMX was built using ANT. And no need to create JAR in
SMX3.

Help me out.

Cheers
Guru

Re: RUN FILE BINDING EXAMPLE IN SERVICEMIX 4

Posted by gnanagurus <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi JB,

Thank you. Will look into it. And also i will contribute my support in
improving the support for servicemix.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Guru,

We know that we have to work on the website and documentation
(especially around tutorial). We're working on it.

Basically, in ServiceMix 3, you used JBI packaging. In your case, I
guess that you have:
- one SU for your file pooler endpoint
- one SU exposing a processing endpoint (for instance using servicemix-bean)
- and finally a SA packaging the two SUs

Basically, you can still use this packaging in ServiceMix 4: simply drop
your SA in the ServiceMix deploy folder.

ServiceMix also runs using OSGi (with Apache Karaf OSGi container). It
means that you can use OSGi combined with Apache Camel.

Using Apache Camel, you can very easily define a file pooler endpoint
and send the message to a bean: it's a Camel route.
To describe your routes, you can use several DSL, and especially XML DSL
(Spring or Blueprint).

Regards
JB

Posted by gnanagurus <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi Gert ,

Thanks i will work into it. Also will move to 4.4.

Cheers
Guru

-----

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Guru,

ServiceMix 4.2.0 does not have Camel Blueprint support yet - that's
only supported in Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0 or newer.  I would recommend
you to upgrade because the newer versions of ServiceMix also contains
a lot of improvements to Camel, ActiveMQ and CXF, but if you have to
stay on 4.2.0 you could always try out one of the Spring-based
deployment options instead (cfr.
http://servicemix.apache.org/docs/4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/users-guide/camel/deployment/index.html)

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Posted by gnanagurus <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi

Thank you so much.

Will migrate to Fuse ESB 4.4

Cheers
Guru

-----

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

There is a new Fuse ESB 4.4 release out. You use Fuse ESB 4.2 that is
a rather old release. It doesnt support blueprint with Camel. And
therefore you do not see the camel-blueprint feature.

You can download the Fuse ESB 4.4 here
http://fusesource.com/downloads/

<gn...@wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I face this in my console. ( picture below )
>
> http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/file/n4538607/karaf.jpg
>

> Kindly Help me out.
>

> -----
> Cheers
>  Guru

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: RUN FILE BINDING EXAMPLE IN SERVICEMIX 4

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Have you installed the camel-blueprint feature?

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:34 PM, gnanagurus
<gn...@wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi Gert,
>
> Thanks for your link on basic camel workout.
>
> I tried making the following code as " quick_understanding.xml" and pasted
> in into deploy folder
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <blueprint
>    xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"
>    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>    xsi:schemaLocation="
>      http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0
>      http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0/blueprint.xsd">
>
>    <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint">
>      <route>
>        <from uri="file:camel/input"/>
>        <log message="Moving ${file:name} to the output directory"/>
>        <to uri="file:camel/output"/>
>      </route>
>    </camelContext>
>
> </blueprint>
>
> When i command osgi:list , i get this bundle as ' gracePeriod ' as shown
> below.
>
> [ 200] [Active     ] [GracePeriod ] [       ] [   60]
> quick_understanding.xml (0.0.0)
>
> But when i tried this first time, i got like the following
>
> [ 200] [Active     ] [                 ] [       ] [   60]
> quick_understanding.xml (0.0.0)
>
> Even though , as said in the doc.. No camel,inbox,outbox directories were
> created.
>
> Kindly help me out in this regard.
>
> Cheers
> Guru
>
> -----
> Cheers
>  Guru

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by gnanagurus <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi Gert,

Thanks for your reply.

When i try to install this, i was getting the following in the console.

features:addUrl        features:install       features:list
features:listUrl
features:refreshUrl    features:removeUrl     features:uninstall
karaf@root> features:install  camel-

camel-activemq             camel-amqp                 camel-atom
camel-bam
camel-bindy                camel-cache                camel-castor
camel-cometd
camel-csv                  camel-dozer                camel-flatpack
camel-freemarker
camel-ftp                  camel-groovy               camel-guice
camel-hl7
camel-http                 camel-ibatis               camel-irc
camel-jaxb
camel-jcr                  camel-jdbc                 camel-jetty
camel-jing
camel-josql                camel-jpa                  camel-juel
camel-jxpath
camel-ldap                 camel-mail                 camel-mina
camel-msv
camel-mvel                 camel-nmr                  camel-ognl
camel-osgi
camel-printer              camel-protobuf             camel-quartz
camel-restlet
camel-rmi                  camel-rss                  camel-saxon
camel-scala
camel-script               camel-servlet              camel-smpp
camel-snmp
camel-spring               camel-spring-integration   camel-sql
camel-stream
camel-string-template      camel-tagsoup              camel-test
camel-velocity
camel-xmlbeans             camel-xmlsecurity          camel-xmpp
camel-xstream
karaf@root> features:install  camel-blueprint
No feature named 'camel-blueprint' with version '0.0.0' available
karaf@root>

http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/file/n4538603/karaf.jpg

Since camel-blueprint is not available within it.

Kindly help me out to proceed further.

Thanks & Cheers,
Guru

-----

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Guru,

You probably need to do an "features:install camel-blueprint" from the
console and then stop/start the bundle again.  It should normally be
installed out of the box, but it looks like it's missing again in the
most recent builds.  Thanks for reporting this - will get that sorted
out again asap!

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Posted by gnanagurus <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi Gert Vanthienen ,

Thank you. I will try to deploy in this way.

Revert about it soon.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

The file binding example you find in ServiceMix 3 can not be run
directly in ServiceMix 4.  It uses ServiceMix 3 embedded mode which is
no longer supported in ServiceMix 4.

However, a very similar example is also part of our new quick start
guide in http://servicemix.apache.org/docs/4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/quickstart/index.html
- just going through this guide should give you an overview of what
ServiceMix 4 is all about.  The Camel-based file example in the
quickstart guide is very similar to what the old file binding example
does, except that in ServiceMix 4 it's just about dropping an XML file
in the deploy folder (so no special build procedures required there).

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Posted by david1234 <da...@hcl.com>.
hi Guru,

I need some clarification plz explain,

how do i run sample application (D:\apache-servicemix-4.3.0\examples)
without using Maven?.

in document they specified OSGI bundle what is this one?

In deploy folder i pasted some file and deleted after some time but if i
give the command "OSGI:list" Still it's showing in console.How do i remove
this file?

what is FUSE_Servicemix i am using appache-servicemix ,FUSE_Servicemix  is
commercial or opensource?

Re: RUN FILE BINDING EXAMPLE IN SERVICEMIX 4

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
i think your proxy might have blocking some name space reference. Even
though instead of creating a directory @ d colon. Create a directory like
D:\apache-servicemix-4.3.0\inputdir

Regards
Guru

-----

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi David,

For running the code which i posted earlier, No building tools like maven is
not obviously needed.

I dont know where you are getting confused. For running examples provided
with the product is different.

Regards
Guru

-----

Posted by david1234 <da...@hcl.com>.
hi Guru,

serviceMix provided some examples, In README text file ther are telling to
run the maven and it will greate some file in target directory after
generated hard deploy in deploy folder like that they r telling.

Is there any way without using maven we can do this.

Re: RUN FILE BINDING EXAMPLE IN SERVICEMIX 4

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
by the way.

Fuse uses the same servicemix, Servicemix is purely open and if you are
adoping in your Enterprise . Then Fuse provides Commercial Support.

Guru

-----

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi David,

Hope Camel-Blueprint bundle is installed.

I think it should be syntactic error. I am that good with syntax.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"

xmlns:cm="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-cm/v1.0.0"

xmlns:ext="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-ext/v1.0.0"
        xmlns:ftp="http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/spring/v1"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/spring/v1
       http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/ftpserver-1.0.xsd"
        default-availability="optional">

     <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint"
trace="true">

          <route>

                  <from uri="file://inputdir"/> **
                  <to uri="file://outputdir"/>
        </route>

     </camelContext>
</blueprint>

-----

Posted by david1234 <da...@hcl.com>.
hi i have given inputdir as i mentined in below xml . In D:\inputdir i kept
my xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"

xmlns:cm="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-cm/v1.0.0"

xmlns:ext="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-ext/v1.0.0"
        xmlns:ftp="http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/spring/v1"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/spring/v1
       http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/ftpserver-1.0.xsd"
        default-availability="optional">

     <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint"
trace="true">

          <route>

                  <from uri="file:///D:/inputdir"/>
                  <to uri="file:///D:/outputdir"/>
        </route>

     </camelContext>
</blueprint>

Re: RUN FILE BINDING EXAMPLE IN SERVICEMIX 4

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi David,

Make certain things very clear !

1. Create inputdir in servicemix home directory, Not in D: colon . If so in
d: then specify full path.
2. Do this command " features:install camel-blueprint "

Check then

Regards
Guru

-----

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
do:  features:install camel-blueprint

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi Nagesh/David

Hope you have not completed the mailing list formalities.

Anyhow ,

I think there are some syntax level bug. by the way, Please let me know how
you deployed the code you wrote.

Find my example to help out for yourself.

My scenario:
Directory(XML File)->QUEUE->XSLT(Got
transformed)->QUEUE->Directory(Transformed XML)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<blueprint
     xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"
     xsi:schemaLocation="
       http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0
       http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0/blueprint.xsd">
     <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint"
trace="true">

          <route>

                  <from uri="file://inputdir/"/>
                  <to uri="activemq:queue:inputQueue"/>
        </route>

            <route>
                    <from uri="activemq:queue:inputQueue"/>
uri="xslt:file:C:\ESB\Fuse_ESB_4.4\apache-servicemix-4.4.0-fuse-00-27\design.xsl"/>
                    <to uri="activemq:queue:outputQueue"/>
        </route>
         <route>
                 <from uri="activemq:queue:outputQueue"/>
                 <to uri="file://outputdir"/>
        </route>

     </camelContext>
</blueprint>

I used camel. this should run in SMX4/Fuse4.4 .

Revert for queries.

Thank nagesh/david

Regards
Guru

-----

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi David,

I got you.

Can you be more specific. Upto what you follow ? and where you got struck ?

regards
Guru

-----
Cheers