Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Peter Neumark <ne...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/27 20:55:00 UTC

Erlang implementation of the JSON protocol

I have written a thrift json protocol implementation for erlang.

My implementation of the protocol may be found here:
https://github.com/postlock/thrift/blob/trunk/lib/erl/src/thrift_json_protocol.erl

A modified version of the erlang thrift tutorial which uses my
implementation over HTTP to talk to the same server that the javascript
tutorial uses:
https://github.com/postlock/thrift/blob/trunk/tutorial/erl/json_client.erl

Finally, it should be noted that the code depends on JSX:
https://github.com/talentdeficit/jsx

I haven't had time to run a huge amount of tests on it yet, but the tutorial
seems to work fine.
What are the steps needed to get this into the official thrift codebase?

Peter

Re: Erlang implementation of the JSON protocol

Posted by Peter Neumark <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I created an issue and uploaded the patch, hopefully not making too many
mistakes in the process.

Peter

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.