Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/17 14:27:02 UTC

[ALL] GitLab?

Hi All:

I see https://gitlab.com/ApacheMirror

I wonder if this is our official mirror on GL and whether we should mirror
our Commons projects there.

Gary

Re: [ALL] GitLab?

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 10:17:10 +0200, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> Am Fr., 17. Aug. 2018 um 16:27 Uhr schrieb Gary Gregory <
> garydgregory@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi All:
>>
>> I see https://gitlab.com/ApacheMirror
>>
>> I wonder if this is our official mirror on GL and whether we should
>> mirror
>> our Commons projects there.
>>

> Although I love GitLab as a tool, I don't think we should mirror our
> projects to more than one hosted SCM. It will get hard to track
> issues und
> PRs created at GitHub and GitLab.

IMHO, this problem already exists (with Github, there is already
more than one SCM and conversations are hard to follow when people
use it rather than JIRA for discussing issues).
It is now harder to justify a preference for Github.

Regards,
Gilles

Re: [ALL] GitLab?

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.