Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Michael Griffin <mg...@fsenablers.com> on 2007/03/29 14:07:52 UTC

Build Problems

FYI - I'm unable to build from the latest code.  I'm getting a Compilation
Error on ServerHandler.java

ServerHandler.java:[114,51] cannot find symbol
symbol  : method
newHttpResponse(org.apache.http.HttpVersion,int,org.apache.http.protocol.Htt
pContext)
location: interface org.apache.http.HttpResponseFactory

I'm using the following command to build.

mvn clean install -U -Dmaven.repo.local=/javasource/.synapse_m2

Re: Build Problems

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Griffin,

Just now I tried this and the build is working fine to me.

Seems there is a jar mismatch. Check your repo (i.e.
/javasource/.synapse_m2) for the following folders and delete if exists.

org/apache/httpcomponents/httpcore/4.0-alpha3
httpcomponents-httpcore

Then try again first offline build with -o argument and if fails with -U
argument for online build.

I am sure this is not an error of Synapse code, but an error due to the
wrong jar is being picked by maven.

Thanks,
Ruwan.

On 3/29/07, Michael Griffin <mg...@fsenablers.com> wrote:

> FYI - I'm unable to build from the latest code.  I'm getting a Compilation
> Error on ServerHandler.java
>
> ServerHandler.java:[114,51] cannot find symbol
> symbol  : method
> newHttpResponse(org.apache.http.HttpVersion,int,
> org.apache.http.protocol.Htt
> pContext)
> location: interface org.apache.http.HttpResponseFactory
>
> I'm using the following command to build.
>
> mvn clean install -U -Dmaven.repo.local=/javasource/.synapse_m2

Ruwan Linton