Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Frankfurter <mi...@juwimm.com> on 2005/03/04 10:40:00 UTC

hi there,

i started playing around with the CIncludeTransformer an it's quite
cool, but there is a thing i don't understand:

why isn't it possible to use "cached-include" and the attribute "select"
together? i took a look at the source and it is hard-coded to ignore the
attribute:

cinclude:cached-include

this.processCIncludeElement(
	attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_SRC_ATTRIBUTE),
	null,
-->	null,
	null,
	null,
	this.cacheManager != null);

cinclude:include

this.processCIncludeElement(
	attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_SRC_ATTRIBUTE),
	attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_ELEMENT_ATTRIBUTE),
-->	attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_SELECT_ATTRIBUTE),
	attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_NS_ATTRIBUTE),
	attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_PREFIX_ATTRIBUTE),
         false);

why is it implemented in that way? or is there a way to mix it up?

i would use xinclude instead of cinclude but this isn't cacheable either :o(

thanks,
micha f.

Re:

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Mind that there are caching problems with the xsl document function. It's isn't really undergoing
the concepts, but does sometimes fail to notice whether the cached object is out of date...

Cheers

Michael Frankfurter wrote:

> the last solution is ok and seems to be fast, but it is undergoing the
> concepts of cocoon, isn't it? better approach would be a working
> cinclude...
>
> i will wait for other answers - if no better solution will appear, i
> will use your xsl solution ;o)
>
> yours,
> micha f.
>
> Marc Salvetti schrieb:
>
>> personnaly, i checked for performance reasons (include of about 300
>> small xml files) 3 differents include method :
>> -cinclude
>> -xinclude
>> -function document inside xsl
>>
>> my choice was finally the document function (under 1s against 2-4s for
>> the transformers)
>>
>> hope this helps :)
>>
>> btw, once in a while, the server takes a few seconds to answer on this
>> request (i guess it's cleaning the cache, but i don't really know).
>> Does someone have an idea on how to fix this ?
>>
>> cheers
>> Marc
>>
>> Michael Frankfurter a écrit :
>>
>>> hi there,
>>>
>>> i started playing around with the CIncludeTransformer an it's quite
>>> cool, but there is a thing i don't understand:
>>>
>>> why isn't it possible to use "cached-include" and the attribute
>>> "select" together? i took a look at the source and it is hard-coded
>>> to ignore the attribute:
>>>
>>> cinclude:cached-include
>>>
>>> this.processCIncludeElement(
>>>     attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_SRC_ATTRIBUTE),
>>>     null,
>>> -->    null,
>>>     null,
>>>     null,
>>>     this.cacheManager != null);
>>>
>>> cinclude:include
>>>
>>> this.processCIncludeElement(
>>>     attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_SRC_ATTRIBUTE),
>>>     attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_ELEMENT_ATTRIBUTE),
>>> -->    attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_SELECT_ATTRIBUTE),
>>>     attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_NS_ATTRIBUTE),
>>>     attr.getValue("",CINCLUDE_INCLUDE_ELEMENT_PREFIX_ATTRIBUTE),
>>>         false);
>>>
>>> why is it implemented in that way? or is there a way to mix it up?
>>>
>>> i would use xinclude instead of cinclude but this isn't cacheable
>>> either :o(
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> micha f.

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50