Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alban Soupper <as...@eim.ch> on 2003/04/22 16:35:12 UTC

bean:write problem

Hi all,

I have the following error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
	at
l.java:494)
	at
org.apache.jsp.search_page_jsp._jspService(search_page_jsp.java:553)

with this code:
<bean:write name="departrole" property="id" filter="false"/>

when the id property is a Long value.

What's the matter with this code?
Do I have to specified the bundle ?

Any help is welcome ;)

Alban.

the system manager to postmaster@eim.ch

Re: bean:write problem

Posted by Natalie D Rassmann <na...@lmco.com>.
If you have more than one bundle, you do have to specify the bundle.

Natalie

default user for container managed security

Posted by James Dickson <jd...@v1.wustl.edu>.
Hi All,
	Here is my situation. I am using tomcat 4.x and jboss for a struts
based webapp. I currently use JDBCRealms with container managed
security for my login to the site. All actions are secured and jsp are
inside WEB-INF dir except index.jsp. My question is this. I want to
allow  a casual user access to parts of the site and have them logged
in as a 'public' user. Is there a way I can keep all my actions secure
inside container managed security and have a casual user be
automatically authenticated and authorized as this default user. I
don't want them diverted to the FORMS based login page and have to type
in a public username and password. Hope this makes some sense. Any
ideas?

James

Re: bean:write problem

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Your problem isn't bean:write, it looks like your trying to use Struts
components without going through the controller.

Did you get to that page by linking from another jsp?

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist

*******