Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Robert Piotrowski <rp...@azonic.net> on 2010/05/07 19:56:36 UTC

skin vs renderer

What's the difference between a skin and a renderer?

If I wanted to have a selectable list of textareas and each textarea had
sections with different fonts and font sizes (to make it look like HTML),
which direction do I take?

I was looking at the ListViewItemRenderer and I don't see where I'd be the
logic "magic" is for setting something like this at the text level inside a
textarea.  What goes into the render()/renderStyles() method?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: skin vs renderer

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
No, that approach isn't deprecated. Rich text in TextArea is deprecated. You can use the renderer code in that example as a model.

Re: skin vs renderer

Posted by Robert Piotrowski <rp...@azonic.net>.

Re: skin vs renderer

Posted by Robert Piotrowski <rp...@azonic.net>.