Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Anton Yakimov <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/26 15:13:55 UTC

[users@httpd] authnz_ldap_module: [Bad search filter] error

Hi everyone,

I have a strange error with authnz_ldap_module.
I have searched the web and tried a lot of combinations, but nothing helps.

This list is my only hope (ok, not the only, I cab also try svnserve+sasl+ldap).

Here is my subversion.conf:

LoadModule dav_svn_module     modules/mod_dav_svn.so
<Location /repos>
    DAV svn
    SVNPath /var/www/svn/repos
    AuthName "Test repository"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthBasicProvider ldap
    AuthLDAPUrl			"ldap://server.three.two.one:389/dc=three, dc=two,
dc=one?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*) NONE"
    AuthLDAPBindDN		"admin@three.two.one"
    AuthLDAPBindPassword	"password"
    Require valid-user
</Location>

And here are related error.log strings:
[Thu Feb 26 16:47:11 2009] [debug] mod_authnz_ldap.c(373): [client
192.168.12.138] [11270] auth_ldap authenticate: using URL
ldap://server.three.two.one:389/dc=three, dc=two,
dc=one?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*) NONE
[Thu Feb 26 16:47:11 2009] [warn] [client 192.168.12.138] [11270]
auth_ldap authenticate: user authentication failed; URI /repos
[ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][Bad search filter]

Brawser show 500 Internal Server Error.

Please help me!
Thanks in advance and good luck!

--
Best Regards,
Anton Yakimov

Re: [users@httpd] authnz_ldap_module: [Bad search filter] error

Posted by Anton Yakimov <an...@gmail.com>.
Oh, it's not the cause also.
If AuthLDAPBindDN or AuthLDAPBindPassword is incorrect, such message
should be logged:
[LDAP: ldap_simple_bind_s() failed][Invalid credentials]

Posted by Sascha Kersken <sk...@lingoworld.de>.
Think I found it:

Posted by Anton Yakimov <an...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I will create a report, thanks for support!

ps removed NONE - same error..

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anton Yakimov <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again, Sascha.

I must say, that this problem is really strange, only few pages in the web..

Posted by Sascha Kersken <sk...@lingoworld.de>.

Posted by Anton Yakimov <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply, Sascha!

Posted by Sascha Kersken <sk...@lingoworld.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Anton Yakimov
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have also tried apache+ldap on other network host and result is the same:
> [ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][Bad search filter]
>
> Maybe I can contact authnz_ldap module developer/maintainer?
> Can you help me to find his|her contacts?

Open a bug report, but include info for the LDAP client library you've
linked to.

If you know how to get debugging info out of the LDAP library, attach
it to the bug report.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] authnz_ldap_module: [Bad search filter] error

Posted by Anton Yakimov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I have also tried apache+ldap on other network host and result is the same:
[ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][Bad search filter]

Maybe I can contact authnz_ldap module developer/maintainer?
Can you help me to find his|her contacts?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Anton Yakimov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello Marc!

Posted by Marc Patermann <ha...@ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de>.