Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/07 09:31:04 UTC

Whitespace cleanup

http://people.apache.org/~sgala/git/?p=shindig.git;a=commitdiff;h=220e922e4ad455414c98b1dc298e191c92fa5dc7

lists a big diff that would cleanup the following conditions:

- whitespace (blanks or tabs) before EOL [1]
- spaces before tabs in indentation

I won't commit something that intrusive to the main line of development,
as it would be likely to cause lots of conflicts for no clear reason

Not a biggie, just in case people wans to clean up this kind of things
before starting work on those files, etc.

I could actually commit this, but I won't do without a clear permission,
as it is very likely to conflict a lot. I have been doing the exercise
every so and so, and the number of "affected" files does not seem to be
going down, rather the opposite. I don't open an issue with the patch
because the patch changes too often to be really useful.

Regards
Santiago

[1] I'm not so sure that a space before EOL is really evil in plain
text, but a number of tools bark on it anyhow. I think spaces before
tabs should be cleaned, that would be a way minor patch.
--
Santiago Gala
http://memojo.com/~sgala/blog/

Re: Whitespace cleanup

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 1:03 AM, Cassie <do...@apache.org> wrote:

> yeah, chris already fixed all his stuff and the php is all good now.
>
> kevin - do you think you could just double check your editor and fix all
> the
> java/gadgets files w/santiago's patch?
> if we do that then all the code will be clean.

I can run through everything, but I'll do that as I migrate the common stuff
out of gadgets and into, er, "common". I'm working on that now.

Re: Whitespace cleanup

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.

Re: Whitespace cleanup

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.