Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/09 07:21:23 UTC

[general] stable build of sources?

Did we deliberately dropped src tarballs from milestone downloads for M3?
I assume we're long for them, and now when we have them in snapshots,
it is strange to not see them in stable build.
BTW, are we going to use Apache mirrors? There are just plain links on
downloads page.

Re: [general] stable build of sources?

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> Did we deliberately dropped src tarballs from milestone downloads for M3?
> I assume we're long for them, and now when we have them in snapshots,
> it is strange to not see them in stable build.

We should have the links to src available too, and the Debian packages IMO.

For now you can grab the src builds from the snapshots directory:
  http://people.apache.org/builds/harmony/snapshots/r580985/
and the Debian packages are here
  http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/debian/

> BTW, are we going to use Apache mirrors? There are just plain links on
> downloads page.

You read my mind<g> I'm in the process of creating a new download page
that uses the mirrors, then when it is working we can switch from the
current download page.  It will take ~24hrs between uploading the builds
and having them mirrored anyway.

Regards,
Tim