Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Mark Jason G. dela Peña" <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/23 04:39:43 UTC

Re: Apache Trinidad Chart won't load in FF/IE

Hello there Venkata,

Thank you for replying. It took me some time to reply back, but anyway, I still
have not been able to make it work. I've included a <mime-mapping> tag in web.xml
and also included a @page directive for content-type image/svg+xml in the JSP page.

It didn't work with just the directive, and I don't know if the inclusion of the
<mime-mapping> tag in web.xml works because I am getting a new error, that the
ApacheChart.js is not defined.

By the way, I'm using the following libraries for JSF 1.1:
trinidad-api-1.0.7.jar
trinidad-impl-1.0.7.jar

Hope you can help, thanks. :)

Jason
					Re: Apache Trinidad Chart won't load in FF/IE			venkata guddanti
			Fri, 04 Apr 2008 14:12:34 -0700

The trinidad chart should work with FF 1.5+ with native SVG support. In IE
you would need the Adobe SVG support. It should also work with Safari 3.0+
and Opera  7.0+ browsers using the native SVG support.

If the Firefox browser asked you for download of  SVG (chart) file, it is
most likely an issue with your MIME type settings on the server. For
security reasons Firefox does not load the SVG file unless the MIME type is
set on the webserver from which the file is being server. IE totally
disregards the server MIME type setting. This explains why it is working
from the irian website.

Venkata

Be a better friend, newshound, and