Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Daniel Hernandez <da...@degu.cl> on 2013/12/09 23:43:33 UTC

How to set read-only and read-write users at the same time in Fuseki

I installed a Fuseki instance using TDB and allowing to my students
to update data. To secure the server I use an HTTP authentication
following the instructions in [1]. But I want other people accessing the
endpoint in a read-only mode. I now that a Fuseki instance can be
started in read-write adding the "--update" option or in read-only
without it. But as I answered my self in [2] I can't run to instances
simultaneously. So, how can I give two modes of access simultaneously?
Is there a plan to add that functionality to Fuseki?

[1] http://www.epimorphics.com/web/wiki/simple-security-fuseki
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20444602

Regards,
Daniel

Re: How to set read-only and read-write users at the same time in Fuseki

Posted by Daniel Hernandez <da...@degu.cl>.
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 16:08:02 +0000
Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 09/12/13 22:43, Daniel Hernandez wrote:
> >
> > I installed a Fuseki instance using TDB and allowing to my students
> > to update data. To secure the server I use an HTTP authentication
> > following the instructions in [1]. But I want other people
> > accessing the endpoint in a read-only mode. I now that a Fuseki
> > instance can be started in read-write adding the "--update" option
> > or in read-only without it. But as I answered my self in [2] I
> > can't run to instances simultaneously. So, how can I give two modes
> > of access simultaneously? Is there a plan to add that functionality
> > to Fuseki?
> >
> > [1] http://www.epimorphics.com/web/wiki/simple-security-fuseki
> > [2] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20444602
> >
> > Regards,
> > Daniel
> >

> Daniel,
>
> (Sorry for a rushed reply.)
>
> The command line only gives ways to set up a single dataset, a single
> URl name.  The configuration file can be used for richer setups,
> including having two different set of services on the same underlying
> dataset.
>
> If you look in config-tdb.ttl, you'll see two names that become "/ds"
> and "/data".  "/ds" is read-only, "/data" is updateable.  They have
> different services (only /data/update but both /ds/query
> and /data/query).
>
> These can share a tdb:DatasetTDB declaraton, means the same undelying
> database is used.  Different access control can be given the differ
> names.  So, if protecting the "/.../update" or other update services
> does not work for, does using different dataset names, with different
> services available, fit your environment?
>

> 	Andy

Thanks Andy! I will try with your advice.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.