Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by hok <iv...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/12 01:17:05 UTC

ModalWindow and z-index

Hello,
I'm trying to create a dijit tooltip
(http://docs.dojocampus.org/dijit/Tooltip) on a Modal window. However the
tooltip is displayed behind it (and behind the mask also). I checked
modal.css and modal.js and noticed the following:
the "mask" that disables everything on the page has a z-index 20000 and the
modal window itself has a z-index 20001 (I assume that by this the window
stays on top of the mask). I tried to set a much larger z-index value to the
tooltip, but it's still displayed behind the mask and the window.
Also tried a simple <div> tag with larger z-index value on a random place of
the page (outside the window) but it's still hidden behind the mask.
Is there a way to display something in front of the window and the mask
while the window is opened? Thanks in advance.

Re: ModalWindow and z-index

Posted by hok <iv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply. As it appears I made a mistake by omitting the position
css property and according to
http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_pos_z-index.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_pos_z-index.asp :
z-index only works on positioned elements (position:absolute,
position:relative, or position:fixed).

After setting a position the element with large z-index is displayed in
front of the mask.

Re: ModalWindow and z-index

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Running Wicket in Development mode and clicking on the Ajax Debug Window
shows it over the modal window.
Ajax Debug Window has zIndex = 1000000.