Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by jamin rubio <jr...@jouve.fr> on 2002/09/09 12:10:56 UTC

RE: XML indexing in lucene

Hi,

My docs can be 50 meg et and the update can be weekly schedule...

Posted by "Nader S. Henein" <ns...@bayt.net>.
if I understand correctly, each document is 50 megs and does a document
represent one record (the whole 50 megs) or is it a collection of records?

if your document is a collection of records (XML tree) then you can index a
single record at a time upon it's change. But if each document represents
one
logical block than you'll have to index the whole thing every time it
changes.

Weekly changes don't sound too bad, you can get away with re-indexing it at
some dead time in the middle of the night so it doesn't slow down peoples
searches while indexing

Nader Henein

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>