Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/21 21:51:52 UTC

TomEE/OpenEJB (OpenWebBeans) with Apache MyFaces CODI

Is it really necessary or encouraged to use Apache MyFaces CODI with TomEE
1.5 (SNAPSHOT)? Any pros/cons, advantages/disadvantages using them both
together?

TomEE bundles MyFaces Core 2.1.9 and OpenEJB, but Apache MyFaces CODI is
'not' bundled with TomEE, for some reason or another.

I've seen blogs encourage JSF developers to 'at least' use latest MyFaces
Core version and OpenWebBeans for performance reasons, but I don't think I
saw encouragement to use Apache MyFaces CODI.

Thanks,
Howard

Re: TomEE/OpenEJB (OpenWebBeans) with Apache MyFaces CODI

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Howard!

CODI is a portable CDI _Extension_ and not a CDI container!

CODI runs on Weld, OpenWebBeans, resin, Glassfish, TomEE, JBossAS, etc

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you should look at the CODi wiki and understand what CODI provides.
If you don't like it, don't use it. This isn't a required lib.

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Thomas and Mark. Right now, I have no CODI dependencies, so I'll
remove from my app/project, for now.