Posted to dev@predictionio.apache.org by Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/29 14:17:01 UTC

Regarding PredictionIO templates

Hey,
I have updated some of the prediction IO templates from io.predictionio to
 org.apache.predictionio namespace . Is it possible to contribute this
templates ? If yes can you please guide me how to contribute.

Thank you

Regards,
Bansari Shah

Re: Regarding PredictionIO templates

Posted by Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chan,

As you have updated predictionIO templates to org.apache.predictionIO
namespace, is there any thing yet to be done where i can contribute. If
there then please suggest me.

As i am using predictionIO templates for sentiment analysis, i have updated
some templates like coreNLP_SentimentAnalysis template and
OpenNLP_SentimentAnalysis template to org.apache.predictionio namespace. Is
there a way to contribute this templates ?

Please suggest me.

Thank you

Regards,
Bansari Shah

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
This is getting complicated but is still workable.

If the template has an Apache 2 license, which should be a requirement from old PIO days and should remain a requirement for gallery inclusion, then even if you can’t get the developer interested you can do the changes and host the modified template in your github account. You can submit it for inclusion in the Gallery too but you will be supporting the template and it will not be accepted into the Apache project because copyrights are ill-defined.

I agree with Chan, cooperation is the best outcome, I’m just adding that it is not necessary and I’d love to see those templates supported.

Hope that didn’t confuse things.

On Sep 1, 2016, at 10:57 AM, Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bansari,

In that case, I'd like to suggest that you work with the owners of the
templates to update the namespace and newer scala/spark version support.
You could make a pull request to the original repo and tag a new version.

Due to the unique way PredictionIO works, most templates will remain
independent after Apache donation. It would be great if developers could
work with each other to maintain and expand independent templates for
various use cases.

There is also a lot of work to be done on the main PredictionIO repo.
Please feel free to make contributions or suggestions.

Cheers,
Chan

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:36 PM, Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi chan,
> The templates i have updated to org.apache.predictionio namespace is
> already in templates.yaml :
> - template:
> name: OpenNLP Sentiment Analysis Template
> repo: "https://github.com/vshwnth2/OpenNLP-SentimentAnalysis-Template"
> Given a sentence, this engine will return a score between 0 and 4. This is
> the sentiment of the sentence. The lower the number the more negative the
> sentence is. It uses the OpenNLP library.
> tags: [nlp]
> type: Parallel
> language: Scala
> license: "Apache Licence 2.0"
> status: alpha
> pio_min_version: "-"
>
> And,
> - template:
> name: Sentiment Analysis Template
> repo: "https://github.com/whhone/template-sentiment-analysis"
> Given a sentence, return a score between 0 and 4, indicating the
> sentence's sentiment. 0 being very negative, 4 being very positive, 2 being
> neutral. The engine uses the stanford CoreNLP library and the Scala binding
> `gangeli/CoreNLP-Scala` for parsing.
> tags: [nlp]
> type: Parallel
> language: Scala
> license: None
> status: stable
> pio_min_version: 0.9.0
>

> I have modified it from io.prediction to org.apache.predictionio .build
> with predictionio -0.9.7-SNAPSHOT, scala 2.10.6 and spark 1.5.1,  In this
> case should i keep this one and add updated template to templates.yaml or
> should i remove it . Please suggest me.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Bansari Shah
>
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bansari,
>>
>> You can git clone Apache PredictionIO repo (https://github.com/apache/inc
>> ubator-predictionio), modify templates.yaml under
>> /docs/manual/source/gallery, and submit a pull request. When merged, people
>> will be able to view your templates here: http://predictionio.incu
>> bator.apache.org/gallery/template-gallery/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chan
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 4:17 AM, Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Chan,
>>>
>>> Updated predictionIO template of coreNLP_SentimentAnalysis and
>>> OpenNLP_SentimentAnalysis are under below repository :
>>> https://github.com/peoplehum/coreNLP-Sentiment-Analysis-Pred
>>> ictionIO-Template
>>> https://github.com/peoplehum/OpenNLP-Sentiment-Analysis-Pred

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bansari,

Posted by Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi chan,

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bansari,

Posted by Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chan,

Updated predictionIO template of coreNLP_SentimentAnalysis and
OpenNLP_SentimentAnalysis are under below repository :
https://github.com/peoplehum/coreNLP-Sentiment-Analysis-PredictionIO-Template
https://github.com/peoplehum/OpenNLP-Sentiment-Analysis-PredictionIO-Template

For integrating above this templates i have created jira issue PIO-34 :
Upgrading coreNLP_SentimentAnalysis and OpenNLP_Sentiment Analysis template

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bansari,

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.

Posted by Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com>.