Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by gabriel sztejnworcel <ga...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/29 22:29:59 UTC

Guacamole and FIPS

Hi,

Is there an issue with running Guacamole on a machine with FIPS enabled?

We tried that, and RDP connections fail with "protocol negotiation failure"
error. We also saw an error message saying that it tried to use MD5 hashing
which is not FIPS compliant.

I'm not sure if it's directly related to Guacamole, it might be related to
FreeRDP or OpenSSL, I'm interested to know if someone was able to get this
working.

Thanks,
Gabriel

Re: Guacamole and FIPS

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 4:53 AM gabriel sztejnworcel <ga...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Nick.
> We ruled out the "simple" security layer issues (NLA, TLS, certificate
> validation, ...), we are quite the connection is blocked because of FIPS.

Okay, we would need some more detailed information to help track this
down...
- Presumably it works with other RDP clients (not Guacamole)?
- If you put guacd into debug mode, what messages do you get?
- What RDP server are you connecting to?
- What package versions (FreeRDP, OpenSSL, Guacamole server/client, etc.)

-Nick

Re: Guacamole and FIPS

Posted by gabriel sztejnworcel <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nick.