Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Waves <wa...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/26 02:55:39 UTC

Use jencks to async receive message, there are always some messages are left in the queue

(1)Environment: use Activemq and Spring to send message, use Activemq and
Jencks to receive message asynchronously. We use jconsole to monitor.
(2)Phenomenon:
    We use non-persistent queue to send message asynchronously, use jencks
to receive message asynchronously, jencks use multiple-session and
consumer’s prefetch.
    Every time we find that there are always some messages non-delivered in
the queue, like "jconsole_information.doc".We have read the Activemq code,
find that only when client send "ACK" to broker ,the broke will deal with
the message in the queue and the "DequeueCount" in JMX will be updated. So I
suspect that the consumer don't send "ACK" message to the broker, so the
last messages don't be delivered from broker to client.

(2)The attachment file is our client configuration file.
(3)The attachment image is jconsole's JMX information.

http://www.nabble.com/file/5918/jms-spring-application.xml
jms-spring-application.xml
http://www.nabble.com/file/5937/jconsole_information.doc
jconsole_information.doc

Re: Use jencks to async receive message, there are always some messages are left in the queue

Posted by Waves <wa...@gmail.com>.
Attachment is our code, "src" directory is our jms client lib, it's required
libs is in "lib.txt"; "test" is our test case

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If you could set up a reproducible test case against activemq
trunk, please raise a JIRA and attach your test.

On 1/31/07, Waves <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I find that if I use jencks to receive message,  use a client to send some
> messages and then sleep for a while then send some messages again, the
> non-deliverd messages of the first time sending will always stay in the
> queue and
> not be delived any more.
>

> Waves wrote:
> >
> >   Have you seen my reply? After update the Activemq4.1.0 with your patch,
> > there are some non-delivered messages in the queue. Now the problem is
> > critical for us, so I hope you to help me to find the answer quickly.
> > Thank you very much!
> >

> > Waves wrote:
> >>
> >> I update ActiveMQSessionExecutor.class in
> >> apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator\apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator\lib\activemq-core-4.1.0-incubator.jar
> >> and
> >> apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator\apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator\apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.jar,
> >> I also update ActiveMQSessionExecutor.class in client dependented
> >> activemq-core-4.1.0-incubator.jar,
> >> the problem still existed.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Architect, LogicBlaze (http://www.logicblaze.com/)
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Use jencks to async receive message, there are always some messages are left in the queue

Posted by Waves <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Waves <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Waves <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.
Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> Is this related to http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1078 ?
>
> On 1/26/07, Waves <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ActiveMQ:4.1.0, spring2.0, jencks1.3. We used jencks2.0 later, the
>> problem
>> still existed.

That's my guess. :)

--
Christopher G. Stach II

Re: Use jencks to async receive message, there are always some messages are left in the queue

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Is this related to http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1078 ?

On 1/26/07, Waves <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ActiveMQ:4.1.0, spring2.0, jencks1.3. We used jencks2.0 later, the problem
> still existed.
>
> Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
> >
> > Waves wrote:
> >> (1)Environment: use Activemq and Spring to send message, use Activemq and
> >> Jencks to receive message asynchronously. We use jconsole to monitor.
> >> (2)Phenomenon:
> >>     We use non-persistent queue to send message asynchronously, use
> >> jencks
> >> to receive message asynchronously, jencks use multiple-session and
> >> consumer's prefetch.
> >>     Every time we find that there are always some messages non-delivered
> >> in
> >> the queue, like "jconsole_information.doc".We have read the Activemq
> >> code,
> >> find that only when client send "ACK" to broker ,the broke will deal with
> >> the message in the queue and the "DequeueCount" in JMX will be updated.
> >> So I
> >> suspect that the consumer don't send "ACK" message to the broker, so the
> >> last messages don't be delivered from broker to client.
> >>
> >> (2)The attachment file is our client configuration file.
> >> (3)The attachment image is jconsole's JMX information.
> >>

> >> http://www.nabble.com/file/5918/jms-spring-application.xml
> >> jms-spring-application.xml
> >> http://www.nabble.com/file/5937/jconsole_information.doc
> >> jconsole_information.doc
> >
> > What version?
> >
> > --
> > Christopher G. Stach II

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by Waves <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.
Waves wrote:
> (1)Environment: use Activemq and Spring to send message, use Activemq and
> Jencks to receive message asynchronously. We use jconsole to monitor.
> (2)Phenomenon:
>     We use non-persistent queue to send message asynchronously, use jencks
> to receive message asynchronously, jencks use multiple-session and
> consumer’s prefetch.
>     Every time we find that there are always some messages non-delivered in
> the queue, like "jconsole_information.doc".We have read the Activemq code,
> find that only when client send "ACK" to broker ,the broke will deal with
> the message in the queue and the "DequeueCount" in JMX will be updated. So I
> suspect that the consumer don't send "ACK" message to the broker, so the
> last messages don't be delivered from broker to client.
>
> (2)The attachment file is our client configuration file.
> (3)The attachment image is jconsole's JMX information.
>

> http://www.nabble.com/file/5918/jms-spring-application.xml
> jms-spring-application.xml
> http://www.nabble.com/file/5937/jconsole_information.doc
> jconsole_information.doc