Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/21 11:59:42 UTC

Dropping whimsy-vm5 and vm4

I don't think there is any point keeping whimsy-vm5 any more.
I have removed it from hermes data updates.

Also whimsy-vm4 could presumably be dropped in due course?
How long do we need to keep it for?

Sebb

Re: Dropping whimsy-vm5 and vm4

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 at 13:59, Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> sebb wrote on 9/21/20 7:59 AM:
> > I don't think there is any point keeping whimsy-vm5 any more.
> > I have removed it from hermes data updates.
> >
> > Also whimsy-vm4 could presumably be dropped in due course?
> > How long do we need to keep it for?
>
> My only concern is keeping whatever previous Whimsy that was 'live' past
> the next October board meeting, on the off chance there's some subtle
> bug that only happens with multiple people using the Agenda tool and we
> needed to switchover for the meeting.

Note that switching back is non-trivial, because of the data that
cached on the local node.
This affects the agenda and secretary functions.
To avoid data loss, it would be necessary to shut down those services
whilst the data was re-synchronised.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.