Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Pas <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/07 01:58:00 UTC

Isolated node data access

Dear list members,

I have a 1.2.5 node isolated via firewall rules (iptables), and
cassandra-cli can get rows from it with "consistencylevel as one", but
other tools (cqlsh and pycassa) are dying with UnavailableException.

Does anyone have some advice on how to use a somewhat more performant
tool to stress this node without reconnecting it to its peers?

Thanks,
Pas

Re: Isolated node data access

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Pas <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a 1.2.5 node isolated via firewall rules (iptables), and
> cassandra-cli can get rows from it with "consistencylevel as one", but
> other tools (cqlsh and pycassa) are dying with UnavailableException.
>
> Does anyone have some advice on how to use a somewhat more performant
> tool to stress this node without reconnecting it to its peers?

http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/references/cassandra
"
cassandra.join_ring=<true|false> Set to false to start Cassandra on a
node but not have the node join the cluster.
"

But I'm not sure why the CLI would be able to get data when other
things are not?

=Rob