Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by James Duong <ja...@bitquilltech.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/02 20:01:00 UTC

[FlightSQL][JDBC] Additional changes to the JDBC driver

Hi,

We have a few additional important changes for the Flight SQL JDBC Driver:
- Avoid sending headers for built-in properties such as hostname, port.
- Make handling of connection URI key names and Properties keys
case-insensitive.
- Create separate FlightClients for each new endpoint returned by
getFlightInfo.
(https://github.com/rafael-telles/arrow/pulls)

Now that we have the Flight SQL JDBC driver merged under the
flight-jdbc-driver branch, should we make PRs against
apache/flight-jdbc-driver for these changes and create JIRAs? Should we no
longer write to the rafael-telles/flight-jdbc-driver branch?

--

*James Duong*
Lead Software Developer

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message.  Thank you.

Re: [FlightSQL][JDBC] Additional changes to the JDBC driver

Posted by David Li <li...@apache.org>.
We did merge the cleared IP into a branch:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/flight-sql-jdbc

James then took it and filed a PR, which we can review:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/13800

So long as further changes build on top of that commit, I guess we can just include them in the existing PR - but for reviewability's sake it might be good to create a separate PR for large changes?

-David

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Li <li...@apache.org>.