Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Xingbo Huang <hx...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/03 04:44:53 UTC

[SUMMARY] Flink 1.16 release sync of 2022-08-02

Hi everyone,

I would like to give you a brief update of the Flink 1.16 release sync
meating of 2022-08-02.

Currently, we have 19 features that have been completed for this release
and 32 features are still expected to make it. We only have one week
remaining until the feature freeze (at 2022-08-09), which means that we
will start with the release testing and cut the release branch once the CI
is stable[1].

We currently have one blocker ticket[2] that is being worked on. Many
thanks to these contributors and reviewers.

Next, we also have some critical test stability tickets[2] that are not
picked up. We need to guarantee the CI stable before the release branch
cut. You can either directly assign it to yourself (don't forget to mark it
as In Progress) or ping me (@Huang Xingbo) to get it assigned to you. Your
help is much appreciated.

For more information about Flink release 1.16, you can refer to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/1.16+Release

The next Flink release sync will be on Tuesday the 9th of August at 9am
CEST/ 3pm China Standard Time / 7am UTC. The link can also be found on the
first page.

On behalf of all the release managers,

best regards,
Xingbo

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=561&view=planning&selectedIssue=FLINK-28766&quickFilter=2540&issueLimit=100
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=561&view=planning&selectedIssue=FLINK-27399&quickFilter=2539&issueLimit=100
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=561&projectKey=FLINK&view=planning&selectedIssue=FLINK-28440&quickFilter=2540&quickFilter=2544&issueLimit=100

Re: [SUMMARY] Flink 1.16 release sync of 2022-08-02

Posted by Robert Metzger <me...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. I had the old invite link in my calendar. I'll join next week again
;)

Re: [SUMMARY] Flink 1.16 release sync of 2022-08-02

Posted by Xingbo Huang <hx...@gmail.com>.
Martijn has changed the previous meeting link in the 1.16 doc. I'll post
the summary of today's release sync later.

Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> 于2022年8月9日周二 15:40写道:

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <me...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the summary.