Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Ye Minkg <ye...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/22 06:17:44 UTC

How to get storm metrics for Trident topology?

I am trying to get storm metrics from Trident topology. And when I try to
set up metrics for Trident topology and execute it, the following error
occurs.

"TopologyContext.registerMetric can only be called from within overridden
IBolt::prepare() or ISpout::open() method."
Seems like current storm implementation does not support metrics for
Trident API. What I would like to know is that...

Is there any other way around to get the storm metrics from Trident
topology?

(or)

Is there any way to modify the current storm metrics API so that it can
produce metrics for Trident topologies?

It will be a great help.