Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> on 2006/08/01 18:14:22 UTC

Graduate to a TLP?

I'd like to start the ball rolling to have ActiveMQ graduate to a top
level project at Apache.

The original intent was to become a sub-project of Geronimo, but I
think that this would be a disservice to ActiveMQ, which is quite
capable of standing on it's own, and therefore, should be a project
in itsef rather than expanding the G umbrella.

Looking over the incubator checklist, everything seems to have been
completed, we have been making releases (a good sign that a project
has it together) and I do believe it is time :-)

Thoughts?

-Brian

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/06, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd like to start the ball rolling to have ActiveMQ graduate to a top
> level project at Apache.
>
> The original intent was to become a sub-project of Geronimo, but I
> think that this would be a disservice to ActiveMQ, which is quite
> capable of standing on it's own, and therefore, should be a project
> in itsef rather than expanding the G umbrella.
>
> Looking over the incubator checklist, everything seems to have been
> completed, we have been making releases (a good sign that a project
> has it together) and I do believe it is time :-)

+1 to graduation and +1 to TLP status.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
+1 +1

--jason

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/06, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd like to start the ball rolling to have ActiveMQ graduate to a top
> level project at Apache.
>
> The original intent was to become a sub-project of Geronimo, but I
> think that this would be a disservice to ActiveMQ, which is quite
> capable of standing on it's own, and therefore, should be a project
> in itsef rather than expanding the G umbrella.

+1

> Looking over the incubator checklist, everything seems to have been
> completed, we have been making releases (a good sign that a project
> has it together) and I do believe it is time :-)
>
> Thoughts?

+1. I think we're ready.

As someone who is from time to time mystified by the Incubator I'm not
sure if the Incubator PMC will be convinced but I'm not aware of
anything else we need to do on the checklist so lets at least make an
attempt to try convince them :).

Lets continue to discus here a little while to see if others have any
ideas of what we need to do. Then once we have completed the 4.0.2
release and the new committer vote is complete, we could bring this up
on general@incubator.

--

James
-------

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1 from me, too

david jencks

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Brian McCallister wrote:
> I'd like to start the ball rolling to have ActiveMQ graduate to a top
> level project at Apache.
>
> The original intent was to become a sub-project of Geronimo, but I
> think that this would be a disservice to ActiveMQ, which is quite
> capable of standing on it's own, and therefore, should be a project in
> itsef rather than expanding the G umbrella.
>
> Looking over the incubator checklist, everything seems to have been
> completed, we have been making releases (a good sign that a project
> has it together) and I do believe it is time :-)
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Brian
+1 one on both counts.

Regards,
Alan

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1 +1

-dain

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
+1 +1

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+ graduate

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1

david jencks

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On 8/1/06, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd like to start the ball rolling to have ActiveMQ graduate to a top
> level project at Apache.
>
> The original intent was to become a sub-project of Geronimo, but I
> think that this would be a disservice to ActiveMQ, which is quite
> capable of standing on it's own, and therefore, should be a project
> in itsef rather than expanding the G umbrella.

+1 to TLP

Looking over the incubator checklist, everything seems to have been
> completed, we have been making releases (a good sign that a project
> has it together) and I do believe it is time :-)

I think so too.  We also have a nice variety of folks making contributions
(like the latest Amazon code drop), so the community behind ActiveMQ is
definitely in good health.

+1 to graduate.

Thoughts?

> -Brian

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.
+1 from me :-)

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.
+1's from:
	Guillaume Nodet
	James Strachan
	Rob Davies
	Aaron Mulder
	Hiram Chirino
	Alan Cabrera
	Dain Sundstrom
	Jason Dillon
	Adrian Co
	David Jencks
	Brian McCallister

No -1 or 0 votes cast.

I'll start drafting something for the incubator vote.

-Brian

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
+1 to graduate.
+1 to TLP.

:)

Regards
Adrian Co

Re: Graduate to a TLP?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I do agree that targeting TLP would be better than being a Geronimo
sub-project.  Given its huge user community, ActiveMQ really deserves
a TLP status.
So +1 to graduate, and +1 to graduate as a TLP.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet