Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Paolo <la...@arsenio.net> on 2001/10/18 17:36:02 UTC

New actions

Some stuff for developers:

1) CookieCreatorAction (to create or remove cookies)
2) CookieValidatorAction (to validate cookies like
RequestValidatorAction does with request parameters)
3) NewDatabaseAuthenticatorAction (a modified version of
DatabaseAuthenticatorAction that supports a new attribute named
'append-session' to specify to append or replace an existing session if
authentication don't fail; feel free to rename it)
4) DatabaseCookieAuthenticatorAction (to do user authentication with
cookies and a database connection like NewDatabaseAuthenticatorAction
does with request parameters)

I hope you'll find these useful.

I thing the next changes to the actions should be rewriting more generic
actions that supports multiple sources of couples of data (session
attributes, request parameters, sitemap parameters or cookies values)
without rewriting a new action. This should be done with a simple "src"
attribute (session/request/sitemap/cookie).

The same thing should be applied to the database authenticator action.
"from-cookie", "from-request", "from-session", "from-sitemap" should be
added like "to-cookie" and so on...

What do you think?

ByeBye,
Paolo Scaffardi
AIRVENT SAM S.p.A.

RE: New actions

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Hi Paolo,

thanks for your contribution! If noone else is integrating
your patches in the next days, I would ask you to add
these to bugzilla as an enhancement so that they don't get
lost. (Unfortunately, I don't have time to look at it).

Carsten