Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by Mark Schoeni <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/29 21:27:59 UTC

Podling Report for Sept.

Hello All,
Podling report is due September 5th, thus I'm sending the draft that will
be submitted pending everyone's feedback. I will accept feedback until the
end of 09/03 and submit on the 09/04.

Thanks!
---------------------------
Spot

Apache Spot is a platform for network telemetry built on an open data model
and Apache Hadoop.

Spot has been incubating since 2016-09-23.

*  1. Revive community activity (Discussion in mailing lists, increase
frequency of commits)*
*  2. Make it easier for Devs to create plug-ins for ingest of data.*
*  3. Developing a workflow in Spot that allow intuitive analytics without
the need of licensed software.*

aware of?

N/A

*Project wide meetings are continuing every 2 weeks. We are starting to see
more Pull Requests come in. Hoping that the end of summer (end of
vacations) will bring further participation from the community. We are
working on updating the Spot website and confluence pages to reflect
changes in the project.*

*A rough roadmap has been constructed. Our next focus is creating a new
release. Therefore, work is underway on closing some long running Pull
Requests and last minute bug fixes.*

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [ ] Initial setup
  [ ] Working towards first release
  [X] Community building
  [ ] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

  2017-09-08

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2018-01-18