Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andy Pahne <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/13 12:43:28 UTC

tapx-templating: using it in a t5 webapp possible

Hello,

I'd like to use tapx-templating to generate some content.

I want to integrate it into an existing t5 app (just for convenience).
Unfortunatly when I try that, the hosting t5 application won't work
anymore as expected, especially assets won't be found.

Is it possible to use the actual t5 applications's classpath as the
required classpath for t5? So that assets will be found both in the
hosting webapp and in the generated offline content?

Andy

Re: tapx-templating: using it in a t5 webapp possible

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
That may be possible in version #2.

The problem is that to make tapx-templating work requires overriding
several key internal services; in order to allow mixed mode, we would
have to do something very dynamic so that some of the times, those
services were left as is, sometimes overrides. That's possible, but
it's much more complex plumbing.

At this point it is not a high priority for me (highest priority is
documentation); I'd prefer to see messaging isolated and I would use
tapx-templating isolated behind a JMS queue anyway, running in a
separate server from the web application.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:43 AM, Andy Pahne<an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to use tapx-templating to generate some content.
>
> I want to integrate it into an existing t5 app (just for convenience).
> Unfortunatly when I try that, the hosting t5 application won't work anymore
> as expected, especially assets won't be found.
>
> Is it possible to use the actual t5 applications's classpath as the required
> classpath for t5? So that assets will be found both in the hosting webapp
> and in the generated offline content?
>

> Andy

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry