Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Eric Everman <ev...@precedadesign.com> on 2003/04/18 20:00:23 UTC

Page Specification-Path Errors

Hi-

I am having problems specifying pages in the .application file - Tapestry
(alpha 5) doesn't seem to interpret them as on the classpath.  For example,
this spec:

<page name="Home"
specification-path="/com/preceda/webnews/pages/ArticleEdit.page"/>
Results in this error:
Resource at context:/com/preceda/webnews/pages/ArticleEdit.page does not
exist.

While this spec:

<page name="Home"
specification-path="com/preceda/webnews/pages/ArticleEdit.page"/>
Results in this error:
Resource at context:/WEB-INF/com/preceda/webnews/pages/ArticleEdit.page
does not exist.

Based on the error messages, I found that this spec *did* work:

<page name="Home"
specification-path="classes/com/preceda/webnews/pages/ArticleEdit.page"/>

This is the first I've really played with the alpha 5 version - am I really
missing something here?

Thanks in advance,

Eric Everman

Preceda Design LLC
www.precedadesign.com

RE: Page Specification-Path Errors

Posted by Eric Everman <ev...@precedadesign.com>.
Thanks for that clarification.  I placed my .application file at the
classpath root and set the org.apache.tapestry.application-specification
parameter and everything is working as expected.

Thanks for the help,

Eric Everman

Posted by Luis Neves <ln...@netcabo.pt>.
Hi,
This is just a "me too" kind of message.
I also found this error recently, and was quite puzzled by it, even more so
because the *exact* same pages worked on Resin, but don't work on Jetty, so I
guess this is somekind of "environment" related issue ... sorry for not being
helpfull.

Best regards,
Luis Neves

Posted by Jeevan Bihari <je...@yahoo.com>.
Eric,

  I'm using Tapestry 2.4-alpha-5 and the following works for me:
<page name="Home" specification-path="/com/ABC/123/pages/Home.page"/>

I guess that's the first option you listed in your e-mail below. Maybe its an environment setup
problem ?

Jeevan

http://search.yahoo.com

RE: Page Specification-Path Errors