Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2020/04/27 23:31:37 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.12.0-RC2

Hello Kudu devs!

The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the second release candidate for
Apache Kudu 1.12.0.

Apache Kudu 1.12.0 is a minor release that offers many improvements and
fixes since the prior release.

This is a source-only release. The artifacts have been staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.12.0-RC2/

Java convenience binaries in the form of a Maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1062

Linux and macOS kudu-binary JAR artifacts are staged here correspondingly:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1063/
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1064/

It is tagged in Git as 1.12.0-RC2 and the corresponding hash is the
following:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=80e35e5f9d6a02010ff65ab0e5bd1fc115d190df

The WIP release notes can be found here:
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/15685/

The KEYS file to verify the artifact signatures can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README and the release notes, building Kudu,
and running the unit tests. Testing out the Maven repo would also be
appreciated.
Also, it's worth running Kudu Java tests against kudu-binary JAR artifact
as described in the commit message here:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=8a6faaa93f3e206ac75e8087731daccaf7ab646a

The vote will run until Thursday Apr 30 18:00:00 PST 2020.

Best,
Hao

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.12.0-RC2

Posted by Greg Solovyev <gs...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
belated +1
 - ran the docker build on MacOS
 - ran through kudu and impala quickstarts twice (first time encountered
error with impala-shell, which I was not able to reproduce)

Greg

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.12.0-RC2

Posted by Andrew Wong <aw...@apache.org>.
+1

<https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/15767/> to run, otherwise it may result in a

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.12.0-RC2

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Ah, and I also verified the signature of the
staged apache-kudu-1.12.0.tar.gz source tarball.

/Alexey

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.12.0-RC2

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1