Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by muthiyalu <mu...@netscape.net> on 2006/11/28 07:57:55 UTC

ActiveMQ Peer Transport vs Mantaray

Hi

Could anyone please tell me if they they have compared the peer transport
features of activemq vs mantaray? As far as my current understanding goes
activemq creates an embedded broker based on a service name and uses
multicast to discover other peers started on the same service name.

Though this feature seems to be similar to the mantaray peer, mantaray has a
WAN bridge that can help peers that are across firewalls or over the
internet to talk each other. How would one go about doing this in ActiveMQ?

Are there any peformnce benchmarks that anybody has which compare ActiveMQ
peer transport vs mantaray?

thanks,

muthiyalu

Re: ActiveMQ Peer Transport vs Mantaray

Posted by price_cat <pr...@yahoo.com>.
For what it's worth, it would appear that MantaRay is dead. At least, the
website (www.mantamq.org) seems to be gone, and I can't get any replies from
anyone associated with the project.  Trying finding the source or a download
of it...

Posted by Ken Gallo <kg...@exist.com>.
HTH,  http://activemq.org/site/how-does-activemq-compare-to-mantaray.html
http://activemq.org/site/how-does-activemq-compare-to-mantaray.html