Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com> on 2014/07/07 06:36:42 UTC

Re: Where is the map input transfered to the 'map worker'/container?

Hi Christian,

I'm not sure the exact code path, but HDFS, not MapReduce, is in charge of
getting the bytes from the remote node.

-Sandy

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi Christian,

The input will be read using the InputFormat's record reader.

for example,

In case of  TexInputformat, *LineRecordReader#nextKeyValue(..)* will do the
job of reading one line from input file for every map call and storing the
offset as *key *and *text* as  *value, *and same will be passed to *map(..)*

You can go through *org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.LineRecordReader.java
*for more details.

Regards,
Vinay